Early Childhood Education
Early childhood learning at St. Malachy builds academic readiness and social-emotional awareness through play-based learning. Students explore a variety of open-ended activities to build problem-solving skills and a natural curiosity for learning. Our staff engages with each student, building positive relationships and a sense of community within the classroom, allowing each student to thrive. Hands-on activities expose students to literacy, mathematics, science, and social-emotional academics. Learning never stops in our Early Childhood program!
- Full-day program from 8:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Before care starts at 6:30 a.m.
- Aftercare from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Serves three and four-year-olds
- Average class size range from 17-25 students
- Teacher & teacher assistant in the classroom
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks provided
Please note that all students must be three years old by September 1st and be fully potty trained. Review our Toileting Policy below. Our early childhood programs of the Catholic schools of the Archdiocese of Chicago are part of the elementary school which has recognition by the State Board of Education (ISBE). We aren't licensed by the IL Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS) to provide child care or intimate care.