At St. Malachy, we are dedicated to teaching and nurturing young minds. We go above and beyond to prepare our students for selective high school programs by challenging students academically, respecting them socially, and enriching them spiritually.
School hours: 7:55 am to 3:15 pm
Extended care hours: 6:30 am to 6:00 pm
High school Preparation
At St. Malachy School we have a history of high academic achievement. Many of our students qualify for academic scholarships. Some of the Catholic high schools our children attend include Christ the King, De La Salle, Loyola Academy, Fenwick, Holy Trinity, St. Ignatius, and Notre Dame as well as a variety of college preparatory public and charter schools. Our statistics show that St. Malachy graduates who finish at these college preparatory high schools are continuing on to college. Therefore, a high priority is placed on assuring that our graduates are enrolled in college preparatory high school programs.
How do we prepare our students for these rigorous schools? Click the link below to learn more about our academic programs.
Strong Christian Values
We are committed to developing the minds and hearts of our students.
- Through daily religion classes and monthly masses, students are able to learn about Catholic values. Additional religious education classes are also offered for those who are interested.
- Our school-year theme gives students the opportunity to practice those values. This year we are "respectronauts", learning to respect our selves, our peers, our God, and our history.
- The philosophy or restorative justice drives our approach to student behavior. We know that kids will make mistakes so we commit to giving them opportunities to fix the mistake and repair their relationships.
We go above and beyond to make sure that we meet the needs of every child. Through partnerships
- Classroom sets of Chromebooks and iPads as well as a full computer lab keep our scholars researching, creating, and communicating using the latest ideas and applications.
- Interactive white boards in every classroom allow our teachers to access the latest curricular resources.
- Three different mentoring programs offer our students the opportunity to grow with the help of caring adults.
- United Stand and Catholic Charities counseling programs care for the emotional and academic needs of our students.
- A variety of tutors and tutoring programs offer every student one-on-one assistance. Tutoring is available for every student in every class.
If you are interested in donating resources or time, please click on the link below. We depend on our partners to help us enrich our students' learning.