At St. Malachy School, we educate the whole child. From Common Core-driven reading instruction to inquiry-based science units to daily physical education, we believe in offering every learner a wide variety of opportunities to grow. For even more opportunities outside of the classroom, please see our enrichment page.
- Math: Our preschool through sixth graders use the Everyday Math program while our seventh and eighth graders are challenged by the CMP3 program. Through mathematical modeling, game play, and an emphasis on reading and writing in mathematics, we have seen our problem solvers soar!
- Science: We are proud to partner with scientific organizations in the community to offer Next Generation Science Standard-aligned science units. Our primary grades work with the Peggy Notebaert and Field Museums while our junior high receives curriculum from Rush Medical Center.
- Reading/Writing: Our primary classes use the Superkids reading program while our upper grade teachers develop their own Common Core-aligned thematic units. The thousands of independent reading books in our building help the students to develop a love for literature!
- Spanish: We offer Spanish four times per week to every student, preschool through eighth grade. Many of our students go on to take advanced language classes in high school thanks to this preparation!
- Physical Education: We know that we need to care for our students' bodies, as well as their minds. Every child has gym four times per week.
- Music: Our students participate in two music classes each week, learning music theory, instrumentals, and vocals.
- Art: Weekly art classes nurture our students' creativity. Come visit our school to see their works of art all over the halls and classrooms!
Prospective families, please contact the office to hear more about our academics. Current families, please contact your child's teacher for more information. We would love to give you more information about our programs!