Our extended day allows our students to participate in so many activities beyond the classroom. Classes run from 7:55 am to 3:15 pm but our building is open from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm. Our students are able to pursue their interests and discover new passions.
Our students are leaders in on the court as well as in the classroom. We offer basketball, volleyball, flag football, lacrosse, and Girls on the Run. Our girls' basketball team is the reigning champion of the Catholic school league. Tremendous opportunities are open to our lacrosse players; multiple players have gone on to high school with scholarships. Our volleyball team is coached by a parent volunteer; we love having the help of our families!
To learn more about athletics, click on the link below or contact Dionte Mandeldove, our coach and physical education teacher.
Clubs and activities
Our students are able to participate in the following clubs, activities, and enrichment programs, both in our building and through our community partnerships. Please talk to our office staff about how your student can get involved!
- Instrumental music
- Entrepreneurship club
- Cooking club
- Drum corps
- Peggy Notebaert science club
- SPARKS social development program
- Mercy Home mentoring for girls
- Brush Creek Ranch STEM program
- Big Shoulders stock market competition
- Rush STEM program
- Chicago Lights tutoring program
We love connecting with our families through our special programs! We invite our families to participate in each of the following events:
- Back to School Picnic: Meet your child's teacher, eat, and play games at this relaxed cook out.
- Mathmania and Family Math Night: In the fall, our classes compete to see which can do the most math enrichment activities.
- Read to Win and Family Literacy Night: In the spring, each class tries to read the most books, at home and at school.
- Christmas Pageant: Join us for a night of music as we celebrate the birth of Jesus!
- African American History Pageant: The students learn about their history and present their work to their families in a multi-media pageant.
- Family Bingo Night: This winter event gives us a chance to have some fun with parents, students, and staff. Come for some great prizes!